Founded in 1985, Altair is headquartered in Troy Michigan with regional operations throughout 22 countries and provides software and services to over 5,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
Altair prides itself on its business culture that enables open, creative thinking, deeply valuing our employees and their individual contributions towards our clients’ success as well as our own each and every day. There is an entrepreneurial spirit that flows and is encouraged throughout our global workforce to develop and gather technology that is relevant to engineering and business – including employing it within our own organization.
In this position, you will be working with a team of engineers, computer scientists and mathematicians that has over 25 years of experience in developing and applying design exploration, concept design and optimization to a variety of applications including but not limited to mobile phones, planes, consumer products, whitegoods.
Location of this position is in our headquarter building in Troy, MI; part-time telecommuting is acceptable. Start date for this position is targeted for Fall 2017, Winter 2018. This position may result in a fulltime position.
We are looking for an intern that will lead a benchmark of machine learning algorithms for engineering applications; specifically related to digital twin and predictive maintenance.
- Benchmark methods and make suggestions based on the results.
- Prepare educative materials to be used internally and externally.
- Build proof-of-concepts.
- Work with sales teams to promote and collect feedback.
- Work with program management and software development.
Please note that this is not a software development position but it is a technical business development position.
- Bachelor of Science Degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Sciences or related fields.
- Experience with data analysis and prediction modelling tools and languages such as R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Tableau, MicroSoft Azure.
- Experience with machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modelling methods such as regressions, neural networks, decision trees, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Please send your resume to AltairUniversity