Submit Your Altair Results to Win!
Earn a spot to represent your country in the Finals to win the $2000 Grand Prize!
Altair HyperWorks is the most comprehensive, open-architecture CAE simulation platform in the industry, offering the best technologies to design and optimize high performance, weight efficient and innovative products.
Tell us how Altair is helping evolve your design and simulation processes and you’ll be in the running to win $2000!
How to Enter:
- Register your team by filling up this form and you will receive a time-limited free license to access the entire Altair simulation suite
- Use any (or a combination) of Altair software to analyse your model
- Submit a presentation report of your analysis to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top 5 teams will compete in the Finals at ATC KL and stand a chance to win $2000
Your analysis and report can be in any of the following areas:
- FEA, MBD, CFD Solver, and Multiphysics (SimSolid, OptiStruct, AcuSolve, RADIOSS, MotionSolve)
- Engineering Process Automation for Virtual Validation (HyperWorks Process Manager)
- Structural Design Optimisation (OptiStruct, HyperStudy)
- Concept Design Optimisation (Inspire)
- Composites (MultiScale Designer)
- Computational Electromagnetic Simulation (FEKO, Flux, Winprop)
- Math and System simulation (Compose, Activate, Embed)
Altair will nominate the best 5 entries from participating ASEAN countries out of all submissions made before or on July 31, 2019. The selected representative will get an all-expenses* paid a trip to compete in the Finals in Altair Technology Conference KL.
At the Finals, the Contestants will be given 10 minutes to present on how Altair simulation solution was used to help them in their product design or simulation. A panel of judges will determine the winner of the $2000 Grand Prize. The runner up will receive $1000.
*includes return flights, accommodation, conveyance, and 3 meals per day.
The last date for Report submission is July 31, 2019
The qualified Contestants for the Finals will be notified by August 12, 2019
The Finals will take place at ATC KL on August 29, 2019
Eligibility: Open to Contestants from ASEAN region only. Contestants must be 18 years or older as of January 1, 2019 to be eligible for the prizes. Contestants can form teams consisting of any amount of members, however, only 2 members will represent the team at the Finals. Winners will receive instructions via email for collecting their electronic Visa Gift Card.
- After July 31, 2019, Altair will commence the selection for the Contestants of the Finals. The selected Contestants, as determined by Altair Engineering Sdn Bhd at its sole and exclusive authority will be compete in the Finals at ATC KL for one (1) Grand Prize (“Selections”). Selections shall be based on (i) proficiency in use of the software, (ii) innovative and creative applications of the software, and (iii) practical engineering significance of the simulation. Specific criteria used for each Selection will not be made public. All Selections are final.
- At the Finals, the Finalists will be given 10 minutes to present on how Altair simulation solution was used to help them in their product design and simulation. The winner of the $2000 Grand Prize (“Winner”) will be selected by a panel of judges based on (i) proficiency in use of the software, (ii) innovative and creative applications of the software, (iii) practical engineering significance of the simulation, and (iv) creative presentation skills. The winner receives the Grand Prize of $2,000 Visa Gift Card. Second place will receive $1000.
Contestants residing in the following countries are not eligible for the prize:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burma (Myanmar), Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
Contestants employed by The Boeing Company, Altair Engineering Inc, or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible to win.
Upon Entry, Contestant warrants:
- That the entry to be their own, original work using a free or paid version of Altair software.
- That the entry nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright, etc.) of any other party.
- Acceptance and agreement of the terms and conditions of Altair’s Standard Software License Agreement.
* Prize Winner Selection: Contestant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Winners will be contacted by email with prize collection details.
** Prize: Maximum value of the Grand Prize is $2000 USD in the form of a Visa Gift Card. Altair reserves the right to deny Grand Prize if the entrant is unable to collect the electronic gift card. A maximum of 1 Grand Prize and 1 runner up prize will be awarded.
Recipients have 4 months to register and redeem the Promo Code for a Visa Gift Card. After that, recipients have 7 months to spend the balance on the Visa Gift Card.
Entry in the ATC KL Contest is free.
Altair reserves the right to cancel the ATC KL Contest at any time.
Permission to Publish:
Contestants will retain ownership of their entry, including all intellectual property rights which may exist in the entry. However, by submitting an entry, each Contestant grants to Altair the unconditional and perpetual right, license and consent to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, and exhibit the entry in any media throughout the world, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the Contestant or any other party. Altair shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use the name, likeness, biography and other information about the Contestant in connection with the entry. By submitting an entry, each Contestant further agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Altair, its subsidiary companies, affiliates, employees, board members or agents, or any other person, on the grounds that Altair‘s use of the Contestant’s entry as set forth in these Official Rules infringes any of Contestant’s rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or moral rights. Each Contestant further acknowledges that Altair is in no way obligated to protect any intellectual property rights which may exist in the entry or to publish or use an entry in any way. It is the Contestant’s sole responsibility to secure any intellectual property rights which may exist in the entry, whether before or after it is submitted. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between the Contestant and Altair. In no way is a Contestant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Altair.