Americas Academic Program HyperWorks Virtual Series Series Presented by Altair
This FREE eight week Webinar Series for Fall 2012 is focused on enabling Americas university students and staff to apply the latest Altair HyperWorks simulation technologies to their course and research work. Four basic courses and four advanced courses will be offered on a weekly basis for two hours per day. Both new and current users will benefit from attending the Webinar Series.
Topics and Dates
• HyperMesh/HyperView October 1-5, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The fundamentals of meshing with HyperMesh and post-processing finite element results with HyperView will be presented. Practical examples using imported design geometry will be used for webinar discussion.
• Radioss Solvers October 8-12, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The capabilities for Radioss for linear and non-linear analysis will be reviewed and example problems will be presented. The definition of all necessary parameters required to complete a finite element simulation (materials specification, constraints, loads contacts, etc.) will be discussed.
• SolidThinking/Inspire October 15-19, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The tools available in SolidThinking to deliver professional, high quality, 3D CAD models will be presented. The design optimization capabilities of Inspire and real world case studies of its application to design engineering will be discussed.
• MotionSolve/MotionView October 22-26, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The capabilities for Motionview/MotionSove for vehicle dynamics simulation of automobiles and trucks will be emphasized. Various models for different chassis configurations will be discussed.
• Optimization/OptiStruct October 29 – November 2, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The fundamentals of topology optimization for concept design will be presented and practical case studies from the automotive and aerospace industries will be discussed. Fine-tuning design optimization using the size-and shape-optimization capabilities of OptiStruct will be presented.
• Composites Modeling & Optimization November 5-9, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
Approaches for the design of weight-efficient laminated composite structures will be presented. A short review of the formulation of laminated plate theory will followed by a brief discussion of first-ply failure criterion will be presented. Composite free-size optimization concepts, followed by ply size and shuffling optimization will be discussed.
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)/AcuSolve November 26-30, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
Application of CFD simulation to engine manifold, exhaust system, and external body drag design will be presented using Altair AcuSolve.
• HyperStudy December 3-7, 2012: 3:00-5:00 PM EDT Each Day
The capabilities of HyperStudy for multi-physics types of simulation for large-scale problems using multi-objective optimization approaches will be emphasized. The efficiency of HyperStudy’s user interface and new post-processing module for adding new studies will be discussed, along with its integration with Altair HyperMath, which allows users to perform studies using their own custom codes to calculate performance criteria.
Refer a Friend and Win!
Do you know a friend that might be interested in attending this event? If so:
– Enter their email address on the “Forward to a Friend” Page that appears after you register
– Have that friend register and put YOUR NAME as the information source
– Make sure they attend!
– Win your choice of a Starbucks or iTunes gift card
*Please note: In order to win, you must refer a friend and that friend must register and attend the event.*
Please register here …