Ball Balancing Table Mechatronics Education Kit
Balancing a ball on a table in a desired position is one of the most important and classical problems of control theory. Altair, partnering with ACROME, promotes the unique experience of a digital twin mechatronics simulation and hands-on experiment platform to teach and learn model-based controller design concepts with a 3D+lD system co-simulation engine.
Teaching License of Software
Initial Setup Help and Training (via web}
- Only 1 Starter Kit is needed. If you already have the Altair software, you need only purchase Expansion Kits.
- Software License includes: Altair Compose®, Altair Activate®, Altair MotionSolve™ & MotionView™.
- All software apps can be installed and run on student computers and/or on school computers.
What can be studied with the Starter Kit?
- System dynamics and automated control concepts
- Integration of high-fidelity controllers with high-fidelty mechanical plants.
- Virtual commissioning of real platform via digital twin
- Optimization of the controller gains with different operating conditions and controller types.
Interactive training material based on the kit
Have a look at interactive training material starting from Introduction to the Ball Balancing table, general approach to systems modeling and control design etc.