The Altair Student Edition may NOT be used for commercial purposes.
- Inspire, Inspire Cast, Inspire Form, Inspire Extrude Metal, Inspire Extrude Polymer, Activate, Compose, Embed, Inspire Studio, Inspire Render, and Thea Render are full-featured versions (no model size limitations for the above-mentioned products)
- Radioss; OptiStruct: 100,000 nodes
- AcuSolve: 500,000 nodes
- Radioss runs are restricted to 4 cores (-nt4)
- Multi-Body models (MotionSolve): 200 bodies
- FEKO & WinProp limitations – click here for more information
- FLUX – click here for details
Supported CAD formats (HyperMesh)
- Import: IGES, SolidWorks and STEP
- Export: IGES, STEP
Supported FEM formats (HyperMesh)
- Import / export: Radioss, OptiStruct
- Solvers cannot be started from a command line (only from within the respective panel in the Graphical User Interface)
- Reads h3d files only with the maximum allowable model size of 100.000 nodes
- Only 1 page with up to 16 windows may be created
- The Student Edition can only be requested online (no DVD medium is available)
- Platforms (mainly): Windows 7/8.1 (x86_64)/10
- The license is valid for 12 months
- Radioss result file format is *.h3d (A0# file is not supported)
- Model Files for Student Edition users – accompaniment to the tutorials in the help.
- The Student Edition is not available for banned countries: CUBA, SYRIA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA and SUDAN or for students who are banned for other reasons and are included on US Government lists of banned parties.