We do hope that the teaching material compiled herein will make your life as a teacher and instructor much easier. The teaching material in short, consists of:
- PPTs (for your presentations while teaching in the classroom)
- Reading material (PDFs) for your students` self learning
- Tutorials - Handouts (PDFs) for your students
- Model Files to practise
We know - from our own teaching experiences - that class notes can always be improved. Hence, we are very eager to learn more about your preferences and recommendations.
What is this teaching course about?
The focus of the teaching material contained in this class package is on the practical aspects of how to setup and run an explicit Finite Element Analysis. The Finite Element Program used is RADIOSS. The theory behind it is kept deliberately short (hence the course material may represent a nice addition to your more theoretical lectures).
The duration of this detailed course (we are using HyperMesh/HyperCrash for model building, RADIOSS for analysis and HyperView/HyperGaph for postprocessing) may vary between a few hours (illustration of the workflow) up to 100 hours or more – strongly depending on the number of exercises, homework assignments, capstone projects, presentation and discussion of results and so on.
- Introduction to Explicit FEA
- Running a RADIOSS Simulation
- Finite Element Types/Configurations
- Kinematic Conditions
- Output Requests
- Time Step
- Checks and debugging
- S-Beam Crash
- Material Law Characterization
- Three Point Bending (model setup with HyperMesh)
- Three Point Bending (model setup with HyperCrash)
- Brid Strike (SPH bird model)
- Crash Tube
- Bumper Analysis
- Honeycomb Crash Box
- Capstone Project: Cell Phone Drop
- Capstone Project: Roof Crush
To download the FREE class package please complete the form below. Upon approval you'll receive a notification mail (please check your Spam folder for safety reasons) which includes the respective download link