We do hope that the teaching material compiled herein will make your life as a teacher and instructor much easier. The teaching material, in short, consists of:
- PPTs (for your presentations while teaching in the classroom)
- Reading material (PDFs) for your students` self learning
- Tutorials - Handouts (PDFs) for your students
- Model Files to practise
We know - from our own teaching experiences - that class notes can always be improved. Hence, we are very eager to learn more about your preferences and recommendations.
What is this teaching course about?
The focus of the teaching material contained in this class package is on the practical aspects, i.e. what kind of solver settings are required etc. The finite element program used in the class is OptiStruct (consequently OptiStruct related options and commands are discussed). The theory behind this method is deliberately kept very short.
Who is it for?
The teaching material may be used to educate undergraduate/graduate students with some experiences with Finite Element Analysis. The basic steps of model building (especially meshing), the general setup of an analysis and post-processing are not discussed. In other words, students are supposed to be "familiar" with HyperMesh, OptiStruct (for structural analysis) and HyperView.
The duration of this short course may vary between a few hours (illustration of the Finite Element Analysis workflow) up to 40 hours or more – strongly depending on the number of exercises, homework assignments (Capstone Projects), presentation and discussion of results and so on.
- Introduction to Nonlinearity
- When to choose a Nonlinear Analysis
- Small vs Large Displacement Analysis
- Solution Techniques
- Understanding Nonlinear Materials
- Introducing Nonlinear Geometry - Large Displacement Analysis
- Bolt Pretension
- Analyzing Gaskets
- Nonlinear Direct Transient Analysis
- Nonlinear Analysis of an Interference Fit
- Essential Steps to Start with Nonlienar FEA
To download the FREE class package please complete the form below. Upon approval you'll receive a notification mail (please check your Spam folder for safety reasons) which includes the respective download link